View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 10:47 AM
SherylM

Default EverSewn and the serpentine stitch

I've got 14 machines, ranging in age from 110 years to 30 years old; and I love every one of them. Some are straight stitch only, some are straight stitch and zig zag, and some of them will do a limited amount of "fancy" stitches, which is fine with me, because I hardly ever use them (maybe twice, that I can remember.)

One of the stitches that none of them will do is the serpentine stitch. I do straight stitch walking foot quilting, big stitch hand quilting, or send them to a longarmer. But I really like the way quilts look with that serpentine stitch, so I've started looking for a machine that's reliable and won't break the bank, that can do that.

I've heard a lot of good things about the EverSewn machines, so I've been looking at them online. I looked at the Celine and the Charlotte, and downloaded a couple of manuals so I could see if they will do that stitch, but it's hard to tell. One of the stitches looks like it *might* be, or it might just be a scallop.

If you have one of these machines, can you help me out here? I don't want to pay more than $3 or 400.00 for a machine that I'm basically buying for one stitch, and that won't be my daily driver. Though if I really love it, it could become my new travel machine. Honestly, I've never paid more than $100.00 for a machine, and most of them were around $25.00 so this is a leap for me.

I'm also willing to look at a Janome, as long as it doesn't go over my budget.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by SherylM; 07-05-2020 at 11:00 AM.