View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 02:15 AM
Nanscan

Default Diamond Crosshatching on home machine

Good Morning! I have a 55 x 65 quilt sandwich I am trying to diamond crosshatch on my Juki 2010Q. First, I read what threads I could find here and searched the internet for information on machine set up, direction to sew, etc. I lowered my presser foot pressure and increased my stitch length to 3. Although opinions were mixed on sewing in one direction or changing each time, I decided to sew in one direction. I found my center line and started to slowly sew with my walking foot to complete one half of the quilt at a time. I have used this quilt design on smaller projects with no problems, but this larger quilt is giving me trouble. Even though I am adjusting the quilt constantly to avoid drag, I am not getting as smooth a back as I'd like to see, and as I got closer to the corner, some tucks developed for which I had to do some pulling out. My sandwich is pin based, and I am following masking tape for my lines. Who would have thought straight-line sewing could be so difficult! Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!