View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 07:44 AM
SherylM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
another option would be to look at used trade-in machines....my Bernina 630 I traded in for my new 570 had a nice serpentine stitch...
Ha! Funny you should say that! 😄

My husband and I have been talking about this all morning, and we both came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be happy with one of the less expensive smaller machines.

My vintage machines have spoiled me, quality-wise, and I really don't want something that may or may not last. And I really don't want something that can't be repaired if something goes wrong, so it ends up in a landfill.

This has made me really think about what I want, and why I'm now considering a computerized machine. The serpentine stitch... is just the tip of the iceberg.

I love my vintage machines and they are here to stay. I love to piece on them, I love how solid they are, the stitch quality, and that I can fix them myself. But they have their limitations.

I want something with a bigger harp space so that it's easier to stuff the quilt through. My birthday is next month and it's the "Magic Medicare" birthday. I need something that's going to be easier on the old bod.

Though I've sewn for around 40 years, I've been quilting for about 7 years and I want to start challenging myself, so I want a machine that will let me do that. I'm ready for something with a few more features.

Fortunately, my husband (aka The Enabler &#128513 would rather spend more to get a better quality and more full-featured machine that I will love and use, and doesn't want me to settle.

So I'm going to call a local Janome dealer, tell him what I want, and see what he can do for me. 😊

Last edited by SherylM; 07-06-2020 at 07:54 AM.