View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Dedemac

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
That quilt is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. What an honor it must be to be selected to make a test quilt for a pattern designer. Just curious as to how one gets to be a test quilter for new patterns. It will look beautiful in your cabin.
Thank you for all the nice comments on the quilt.

Getting to be a tester was a little bit of divine intervention in my life. I was working at Joann’s as a cashier and since I had a very regular schedule, I tried to get to know my regulars so I could great them by name when I saw them. One of my regulars came in and needed a quick fabric she mentioned that it was for a test quilt that she had to get done by the next week and I had made a comment that I did testing for American test kitchen and it was fun to be involved in testing. A few months later when she was in again for more fabrics for another test she asked if I had any interest in testing so I gave her my info. After a few emails with Brenda, she asked me if I would like to review and test a pattern last June. I have since quit working so to spend more time with my 89 year old mother, which hasn’t worked out with the covid-19 and my chemo treatments.