Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
danmar, how long has it taken you from start to finish on this Gorgeous, Gorgeous Quilt. I tried to count pieces & got dizzy. My hat is off to you on this one.
I started this quilt on Sept. 1, 2009. I started a different quilt for my Sister-in-law in Aug. I finished it Nov. 16. It was a king size 110" x 110" 8 point star (6" with frame to make 9") out of greens. I made and completed my granddaughter, my husband, me, my youngest daughter April each rag quilts. I also made my oldest daughter Shawna a rag quilt, but my carpel tunnel was acting up so I couldn't clip it until Feb. Plus, I started the Field of Diamonds quilt that I'm working on now and made 28 blocks on it. But, I finished Shawna's quilt on Jan. 7th. I made this quilt in 4 months but in that 4 months, I also made a king size quilt and 5 rag quilts. I don't know how long it would of taken if I hadn't worked on anything but it. Oh yeah! And on Christmas Eve, I started on Dawn's Carpenter Star quilt that I posted. I had made 14 blocks for Dawn's before I finished Shawna's. Plus there were other blocks that we decided not to use after all in Shawna's quilt and the Field of Diamond blocks.
So, I would guess that it would of probably taken 3 months or so, had I of just stuck to one at a time.

As for the pieces in this quilt, there are 6,023 pieces in this top.
It takes me almost 4 hours to make one block. All I do is quilt.
I admit it! LOL I love it!