View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:35 AM
great white

Meh, it's here too (NS, Canada). Sewing machines, deep freezers, generators, etc.

It's just stupid humans being......well, stupid humans. If there's one thing you can always bank on, it's that the human animal is always going to be panicky, greedy and egocentric when things go "T's" up.

My 6 domestic vintage machines (Kenmore 1580, 60's White rotary, Singer 319W/328K, an early 70's Kenmore free arm and a "plastic era" Singer 247) and my one vintage industrial (singer 331k105) are quite happy sitting in my nice, warm clean office/craft room. Not much one of the new computerized plastic fantastics can do that I can't using these old hacks. Or at least, nothing that I need/want/care to do....

I always have a little giggle when I see someone tuck one of those new plastic wonders under their arm and headed to the cashier. Overpriced and under engineered. My 50/60's machines just keep humming right along and it helps that I paid less all together for my 99% metal vintage machines than I would for something made of 90% plastic. Also doesn't hurt that anyone can work and time my old vintage machines (I do my own work) when they slip or come out of time.

Last edited by great white; 07-07-2020 at 08:42 AM.