View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 05:17 AM
Iceblossom

This latest batch went over well with my son and DDiL, I shaped them more like gyoza, using round wrappers. It's really quite quick to load the premade dumpling skins. I gave my son my bamboo steamer but if I'm going to keep making these, I'll need to get a new one, maybe with metal racks. One tray at a time (that's about 8) is the long way to steam.

One of the ladies my husband works with follows Halal eating restrictions, I feel honored that she trusts my vegan cooking and she had asked for a batch the next time I make them (which was this last time).

Was chatting with my neighbors and they thought it sounded great. "Grandma" lives with them and she makes a mean lumpia. I'm going to make a new batch today, again, shaped like Gyoza for them, figuring they will actually crisp them up instead of eating them more slurpy soup style like I fix.

Another lady my husband works with is "plant based" and wants to try them, so she'll get the other part. I'll be sending both care packages with fresh bean sprouts and thai basil in a separate baggy, as well as some of the extra corn in the broth.

Yesterday I pre-cooked and cut the kernels off a new batch of corn, I have enough broth left from last time. With my portion of the corn, I'm going to make my version of black bean salad/salsa, which was originally based on this version but I add cotija cheese and some other things, like mango if it is in season, jalapeno to taste, and more cilantro.
https://bushbeans.com/en_US/recipe/b...ack-bean-salad