Thread: Singer 128-13
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:55 AM
leonf

Mostly our handcranks go to folk life festivals around NE Kansas.I also take my pennyfarthing bike and we dress if garb, if appropriate. We also did a Mother Earth News fair one year. Our state museum has a Kansas Day event the draws 1,400 kids. We've been there for 4 years. Always very busy.

At small events folks get to make treasure pouches. Basically a folded over pocket. A the huge events they fold fabric over, run a seam and make book marks. We like to have as many people as we can get to use the little lovelies. It's all free and we have lot of repeat customers. Besides seeing the kids eyes light up we have a lot of adults that will try it too. One day a lady approached us with tears in her eyes. Her mother ran an old Singer before WW II in Japan and she hadn't seen one in use since then. She was so delighted..

That's me with the long sleeves and my GF at Mother.
Attached Thumbnails merry_cranks-ks-day-2018.jpg   iris-merry-cranks-mother-earth-news.-b.jpg   blackslide-hc-b.jpg   applest-2018-iris-3-gg-b.jpg   hc-apple-28-99-2-users-b.jpg