View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 06:20 AM
tropit

Default Recipes For Cleaning Products

Good, cleaning products are scarce in our local markets these days. I was using rubbing alcohol to clean my windows and other hard surfaces, but that cannot be found anywhere, so I'm now using vodka. I know, it sounds expensive, but when you consider that hand sanitizer is now going for $13/pint in my area, it's not that bad really. I paid $10.99 for a large, "handle," of 90 proof vodka at the supermarket the other day. I'm sure I can find it cheaper at Walmart, or Costco. Plus, once the supermarket suspect that I might be a lush, they'll send me tons of coupons...LOL.

A bottle of vodka goes a long ways. I use it to wash the windows, sanitize the bathroom fixtures, clean the stove top, etc. It's great for cutting grease. It also makes a nice hand sanitizer. I cut up some pretty quilting fabrics, soak them in vodka and rose geranium tincture, then put the fabrics in a zip-loc bag that I keep stored in my car. When I leave a store, I grab a fabric out of the bag and wipe down my hands and face with it. The vodka also makes for a nice, little, cocktail for when I come home exhausted from shopping all day.

I also have been having a hard time finding hand soap. We usually use bar soap, but there is none to be had at the store, so I bought a plain, simple, bottle of fragrance free, dish soap and put it in a pump bottle that is kept by the bathroom sink. The soap cost only $1.99.

Anyone else have some good ideas for cleaning products?

~ C