View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:28 AM
rryder

Talking

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Rob, you sound like me. I have all that stuff in my space too...uh... only it's not organized. I also have bird families outside my windows. I absolutely love it! The swallows have been there since spring, raising their babies and teaching how to fly, in prep for that long journey to S. America in the fall. They zoom around the outside of the house, testing their skills. So cute!

~ C
Tropit- sounds like fun watching the swallows-- they're amazing birds.
we have house sparrows that nest in some blinds on our back porch every year, they're fun to watch through the kitchen door. I knew we had Carolina wrens nesting somewhere, but didn't realize where until I moved the foam core.

Re: stuff in my space- I am lucky to have one entire room to myself for my multipurpose studio- that 's where I have my big table that serves as an assembly table for framing work and also as a basting table for basting large quilts and a cutting table when time to square them up and it also has an ironing pad that covers the whole thing, so I can easily iron an entire quilt top and backing when necessary. My quilting studio is in the space between the guest bed and my office (which occupies the trunk room that's attached to the guest bedroom), so my quilting studio goes through the large arched doorway between the two rooms. It can get pretty tight in there when I'm using all four machines that I keep permanently set up (the Sweet Sixteen, PQ1500s, PC420 and VX560) since they occupy a space that's only 8 feet square. My design wall takes up one whole wall in the guest room beside the guest bed. All the walls except that one have windows so I can't put any storage up the walls. Hence, all my storage is underneath my various sewing tables. Before I started organizing things you couldn't walk between the left side of the guest bed and the wall and the bed was piled high with stuff. Every time we had guests I had to spend a couple of days shoving everything into the sewing space so the guests could get into bed. Now there are permanent walkways on either side of the bed, but it took a good two years to get things decluttered and organized to that point.

Rob