View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 04:27 PM
CaleyH

I've finally decided on the size of block I wish to do. The reason is that I am doing lots of star patterns, and I figured that if all are 12 inches, I can make a quilt out of them when I have enough.

This go around I chose the "Trailing Star Variation"

I am still learning a lot. I have finally gotten to the point where I can iron my seams in the correct direction, or mostly so, so I can nest the intersecting portions of the block.

I also learned, via watching a video just how to use the little tool used to take apart seams that were boo-boo-s. And I managed to make a bunch. First one wast thinking I could chain the blocks to make things go easier and faster. But I tend to be a bit dyslexic, or something of the sort. What I do is I will concentrate on getting something positioned properly, only to unconsciously put everything backwards. I did that with my first attempt. From that point on, I just went two blocks at a time, looking at the pattern, and sewing those, and then positioning them per the pattern on the pressing pad. I actually managed to get things correct the second go around. So I think I will take the slow route when piecing my blocks together
Attached Thumbnails tsvqb-small.jpg