View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 12:16 PM
Krisb

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan
Default July finishes and YTD total

July started off with a bang, even if we could only watch it on TV.

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Today I finished 1 UFO. Got labels on 5 UFO's. Another is ready for binding. Tonight or tomorrow.
We want pictures!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Ta-Da! I finished a UFO today. This is an exchange block quilt from 2011. I finished it today, label and all. The backing, batting and sashing were all from stash which makes this an even better finish!
Congratulations!
Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
My second UFO, a baby quilt for my great-nephew due in September, is finished! I used a quilting foot for the blue & white log cabins to make triangles. I thought triangles would be a nice contrast to the square blocks. Then I spent time practicing swirls on a pillow top, and did FMQ on the borders. Practicing first, as suggested by Pat Sloan, really helped. None of the swirls has eyelashes, which mine have had in the past.
Conchelea, your family babies are keeping you busy ☺️

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey all,
Here's my July UFO finished! It's been sitting around since 2012 unfinished because the blocks wouldn't line up, but I decided that for a snuggle quilt, it didn't matter--- ! Measures about 48" x 60".
Rob
Rob, kudos to you for acting on “Done is better than perfect”. If we just finish them instead of looking at the mistakes, resolving to take them apart and fix them, then getting down about the time required to fix them and letting them lie in a pile in a closet, we would all have fewer UFOs.

115 through June, 119 through today. As always, PM me if I missed anything.

Most importantly, a big congratulations to NZ quilter. 🤱

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2020 at 02:58 AM.