View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:01 AM
Peckish

I agree, IceBlossom. Goodwill has given us one of the most beloved characters in our town, a sweet man named Teddy with a heart of gold and the voice of an angel. This article is from 10 years ago, but is still true today. Teddy still works there, still greets customers with a smile, a song, and even a hug if you want one.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2010/...despite-hards/

One of the things I don't think people realize is how executive pay is structured in a lot of corporations and non-profits. To keep it simple: it's incentive-based. They don't take home hourly paychecks. If the entity does well under the CEO's leadership, they get a certain percentage of how well they've done. If the entity does poorly, the CEO takes home nothing. This includes non-profits - if the non-profit makes money, the CEO makes money. Same goes for a salesman working for commission. I don't understand why this is looked upon as bad; I see it as a win-win situation. I haven't researched if this is how Goodwill is structured, but it wouldn't surprise me if the publicity (aka "journalism") surrounding his compensation package leaves out that detail.