Old 07-16-2020, 01:17 PM
my-ty

Interesting question and answers. We seldom rearrange our furniture. I love working with fabric and colors but I am hopeless when it comes to decorating. Shortly after moving into our current house, I did hire an interior decorator to help with paint choices. Amazing, after two hours I had paint colors, and all rooms except bedrooms were rearranged (including furniture, pictures, lamps, knickknacks, etc.), and numerous suggestions or ways to update "the look" of the house. The decorator was practical, fast, nonjudgmental, offered ideas and solutions to problem areas. They suggested, we live with the changes for a week before deciding which changes were keepers and which weren't. Many of the solutions and changes we adopted, while only a few were rejected. Afterwards, we received numerous compliments from our visitors. That was numerous years ago and our lifestyle is changing and decorating styles have changed. We are overdue for another revamp of the house and I will be hiring a decorator for advice as the first step.