View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 09:21 PM
retrogirl02

Smile Jade 20

I just purchased the Jade 20 and it's my first new machine ever. I think I have 5 other hand-me-down machines floating around...ok, 7...but who's counting? I will say I tend to use an old Janome most often of the old machines and I really dislike using the Singers. My second favorites are a newer Janome tied with an old White.

The Jade 20 is smooth, quiet, easy to use but does take some getting used to, as any new to you machine does. I think I'll be sticking with Husqvarna long term and love that video instruction is available on YouTube for free. Bernina was also on my list but it's just too expensive at this point for my needs.

I may purchase a few more feet, and have ordered bobbins, needle packs and the extension table from a quilt shop not terribly far away. There are some bells and whistles I'm not accustomed to but look forward to learning. I have Ott lights above both my machines (I also teach occasionally) and for now am keeping the zipper foot on the Janome, swapped out with a standard for mask making and everything else is on the Viking.

We had several repair shops nearby and all have closed in recent months. I have to drive regardless, so unlike commenters above, I would not choose a machine based on service nearby, but that's just me. I used to drive two machines at a time to a great guy 2.5 hours away. Will drive for excellent service, I guess.

I hope this helps and wish you good luck in your new purchase.

Last edited by retrogirl02; 07-16-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: I clarified that I was wanting to purchase feet but have ordered other items from a quilt shop.