View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Stummel

Thank you everyone for your replies!
I am fine with paying fees, but just don't know if I can go "test" the different groups to see which one I like. Because of their names I assume they all are interested in different kinds of quilting, but I am not experienced enough to know which one would be my "thing" if you know what I mean, so I don't want to go to all of them and pay fees for all of them in order to decide. I don't know if there is a pop-in and see option, and they are all a fair way from where I live, apart from one.

Thank you Aurora for the tip, I will look into that! I did find some quilting classes associated with or offered by colleges/universities here, but didin't really understand what they were. I might email them to find out :)

Oh, and I found a fabric store in town today! Their cottons/quilting section isn't that big, but I was so excited to be in a proper fabric store and promptly spent too much money... :lol:

Salmonsweet, thanks for the info, I will contact a few and see if I can come and meet them before joining.