View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 06:34 AM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by retrogirl02 View Post
I was just wondering about EQ8. I purchased EQ it a long time ago and had several separate programs, as well but my computer died and the new one doesn't take discs. I suppose I'll have to call service to find out what they'd charge me but if I understand correctly, it's all by download from the company now instead of discs. I'm hoping the newer version is easier to use, it was not terribly user friendly in the past.

If anyone happens to know, can you still find access to those older programs? I'm guessing I'll have to repurchase them (Dear Jane, Dear Hannah, Block Base, etc.). I feel like I'm forgetting some. Are those still available?
Thank you in advance.
The support people at Electric Quilt are really good. My EQ7 was having a problem and they sent me the full program in a zip file via email. I just clicked on it and it started unzipping, then updated. If you ever registered, then they should have your information. If not, then they can use the info off of your box to help register you. https://support.electricquilt.com/contact-us/

Edited to add: My problem was that my old PC died and I couldn't deactivate the program. When I tried to reload, EQ kept wanting me to purchase a new license. The support folks got it straightened out ASAP. They are great at helping folks.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-17-2020 at 06:36 AM.