View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 06:40 AM
Maire

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
There are new machines on line at Walmart, Amazon, and Ebay...a lot of Brother and Singer machines, especially, but also many other brands. Anyone that wanted to get into sewing masks could certainly find an entry level, (or higher) machine. I think the shortages we're encountering are machines that we would want with dealer support..that may be a long while off.
Those sources were also sold out until very recently, and now those that do have a few machines have doubled & tripled the prices.
Just because I love sewing machines for years I have followed the trends online, prices etc, like some people follow the stock market. I was surprised when I realized so few or none were listed that had been favorites as great beginner or travel machines. For some reason I especially followed the Janome Jem Gold & Brother cs6000i , I think they are cute but also great little basic machines that were sold online, Amazon, ebay, Walmart, etc. They now do list the Brother but price is tripled, the Janome Jem Gold still not available.
I should probably be sewing instead of looking at sewing machine pictures online, LOL just a harmless interest though
o