View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 07:12 AM
leonf

Hey Michael , you and I would be great friends if we were closer. I don't ride Harely's but I have a few tiddler Hondas I play with sometimes. My GF and I go to folklife festivals and demo hand cranks that I keep up. We judge our day by now many people we can get to sue them. Including the " I don't like to sew" folks who never had the control of a HC. I have a few transverse machines, lots of Vibrating shuttles and round bobbins of all eras. I play tuba in a local railroad band. I built a balalaika from a kit
I grew up farming and go to tractor shows. I have a Pfaff I powered from a small (60 lbs) steam engine. I have done digs and made holders from leather for my trowels. Play an Ovation guitar.

Our Kansas Historical museum opens up for kids on Kansas day. It is a wonderful madhouses. Old timey demos and current ones. Our had cranks are often near quilters. 1,400 kids in 5 hours whew. some kids skip, of course, but others circle back 3 times.

Oh yea, I ride pennyfarthings for demos sometimes and have been known to knit steel.

GF makes the garb.

This morning on NPR there was as story about trying recipies from a 1500 B.C,E. tablet. Do you fly kites too?
Attached Thumbnails cm-knight-dragon.jpg   merry_cranks-ks-day-2018.jpg   merry-toots.jpg   vest-hat-cwf-iris-pf-53-b.jpg