View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 05:28 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
Has anyone done one of her quilts? They are gorgeous, and I've fallen in love with Glacier Star. I'm wondering how difficult they are, given that a lot of it is curved piecing.
I have done a couple of her quilts....last one was vintage star. They are not as hard as they seem as long as you carefully follow the pattern and directions step by step. There is also some gadgets that are helpful mentioned in the directions. I would make sure I had those....and of course...I also would make sure that I got a some extra fabric as cutting mistakes are easy to make. There is a fair amount of fabric waste of odd shapes as that is needed to make the shapes and the cuts given allow for a bit extra so when you trim you have enough. They are fun, will take a lot of time, are gorgeous when done....and after finishing mine, I brought it to a professional custom long armer to quilt it as my quilting shills were not up to doing this quilt. She did a fabulous job. Judy also has a number of smaller projects like table toppers or wall hangings to get your feet wet if you don't want to jump right in on the big ones.