View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 05:12 AM
retiredteacher09

WMUTeach and Julienm1: That gnome has been in my sewing room way too many times for the past 4 months.

WMUTeach: I totally understand being overwhelmed by too many projects. I am really trying to concentrate on finishing a top and only working on one leader/ender project at a time. I get carried away at times when I see all of the unfinished projects and add another to my sewing pile.

Last night, I was pleased I could see a little more area on my cutting table. I have 9 slips of paper in a fabric basket and when I need a sewing diversion, I pull one of them and work 10-15 minutes on the topic. This has helped me get through a shoebox tub of triangle shaped fabric that needed to be cut to accurate sizes along with trimming fabric for split rectangles. I’m still working on emptying a box of squares that need to be organized and possibly trimmed to a size I use. Some other topics included are going through Christmas fabric and boxes with scraps just thrown in that need to be sorted, possibly trimmed, and put away.