Old 07-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Railroadersbrat

Default A Shoutout to All our Sewing Machine Repairmen

I think we can all agree that one of the best things in the world is when we take our machines in for service or a little tweak and when you finally get them home, they are singing loud and strong and everything is right in our quilting world.

My guy is so patient and actually cares about his customers, it's almost silly. I took in my Dressmaker in October to get serviced and adjusted after I spent several days cleaning it and making adjustments on my own, I got to the point where I just couldn't go any further without his help. He was honest and said if he needed parts, he wasn't for sure he could find them (and I believe him, I've searched myself and I've been coming up empty), but he took it anyway.

There were some things that came up that kept me from going to get my machine until December, he never charged me storage and easily did over $100 worth of work on my machine and only charged me the price of his standard service and cleaning. His wife is also a quilter, so he knows the value of a good running machine.

I tried to finish my quilt yesterday, but through mistakes that were absolutely my own, I had to stop, I was getting nesting in the bobbin thread, so I stopped for the day and went to bed. This morning when I woke up, I re-threaded my machine with my original thread, changed out the bobbin, gave her a nice cleaning and changed the tension back to where it was originally (my quilt is back in my project bag until I get some binding), she's singing and humming along beautifully. Before I took her into my service guy, I never would have attempted to do what I did yesterday because of the issues I had that he fixed.

I intend to send him a thank you card as soon as I'm able.