View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 01:20 PM
tropit

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I've got a ping pong table. I use it for ping pong. And for laying out quilt tops that are too big for my design wall...until someone wants to play ping pong.

I also like the teachers who have normal stuff and make the occasional oops, point it out and tell you how they decide whether to fix it or not and how to go about it.

If someone is doing a video and halfway through they pull out a special ruler it just irks me. If I need a special tool for something, tell me at the beginning so I can find some other video to waste my time on because I can guarantee I don't have your special ruler and 99% of the time won't be buying it.

I'd prefer to watch real people make real quilts rather than overly-produced video of perfection any day.

Watson
Oh, Watson...I never intended to offend anyone that owns a ping-pong table. My apologies. I'm just a little envious of anyone that has that much room to use one in their sewing room, on top of all the other expensive stuff she's using in the video. My point was that these videos are just not even close to reality. I mean, they don't even have lint!

~ C