View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 03:25 PM
sewingpup

When I first joined the local quilt guilds....I soon got intimidated by all the fancy quilts and quilting shown. I soon noticed it was the same small handful of quilters showing off their quilting skills. I didn't even want to try and use my long arm cuz I could not match the perfection being shown. Well after I few years of reminding myself why I got my basic long-arm....so I could finish my quilts without having to bring it to someone and paying them at least $100 a quilt and often 2-3 times that for a simple over-all design, and not to have wait in line for my quilt to get done often for months,, and not to have to maneuver my quilt under my domestic machine......I finally decided that the simple quilting I did free motion was plenty "good enough" to get the quilt completed and on somebody's bed or couch to keep them warm....lesson learned....I have gotten sucked in to the gadget frenzy at times and some of those things sit unused....but there are few things....like my purple thang....I do use a lot. I am questioning a bit that last fancy machine I bought as I really like just piecing the best...but who knows....some day, I may bet a yen to do some embroidery...and then I am all set.