View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:11 AM
CaleyH

IceBlossom, Thanks so much.

I ended up just going and getting the "Wing Clipper" and "Tucker Trimmer 1", as a set. Just got them this morning, and have been reading the enclosed pamphlets carefully.

What I've discovered is that the quilt blocks I've been coping from the net, do not have the proper dimensions for the flying geese based on what I read in those pamphlets. It may very well be that those dimensions ARE correct for someone who knows how to position cut triangles on the rectangles to create whose flying geese, but I am not one who knows that secret. I've wasted three times the fabric I should have needed to create those flying geese because of the measurement problems; problem with my not knowing that secret.

Anyway, I discovered the dimension difference is 1/4 inch for the small blocks (wings), and 1/4 inch for that large block (body). I sure hope this solves the problem I have been having so much trouble with. If not, then I really do not know how to solve the problem, other than the solution I used for the 3/16 seam, and big over sized parts.