View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 09:42 AM
SewingSenior

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I found this very interesting post by Margaret Solomon Gunn. She illuminated some problems she had while trying to quilt a beautiful Little Brown Bird quilt. https://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/20...rown-bird.html.

Barb in Louisiana, thank you for a very interesting and somewhat terrifying blog. I knew from the very beginning that the LBB would be a monster to quilt but I had not even thought of some of the problems Margaret laid out in her article. I do all of my quilting on my Janome Memory Craft 7100 desk top machine and can usually get a handle on any ruffling before it becomes to much of a problem, but I have never worked with a quilt as big as this one with the 10" border. I may want to consider an alternate border or perhaps a downsized version of the pattern. I know my limitations and if I were to have the same problems with my LBB I would have to simply put it away never to be seen again, because I wouldn't have a clue as to how to 'fix' it. Oh boy, as I said in an earlier post...this quilt is driving me crazy.

I hope NanaUpNorth sees your link because she is almost finished with her own Little Brown Bird.

Thanks again for the link.