View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 10:39 PM
Krisb

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

And here’s what I have for July. Conchelea says she will have a final count today or tomorrow so that will surely Increase the number. 127 year to date and 14 and counting in July. Whoo, whoo!

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I have another UFO finished ....... “happy dance”. I started this quilt in 2017 and my niece decided that those were her colors, so this became Fallon’s quilt. Now as soon as I finish putting on the label I can ship it off to her.
Isn’t it great when the nieces and neffers say “That’s mine”. It warms your ❤️.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I found this UFO top in a box tucked away in my sewing room last week. After some serious pressing, it was a wrinkled mess, I found it did not need to be made any bigger. Added a back and pieced batting, quilted on Saturday or was it Sunday? I found the binding in my box of binding scraps. Same fabric as the back! Ta-Da saving scraps pays off. This will be a Project Linus donation. Leaving my home along with three others later this week!
This is my July contribution to our UFO project. Don't think I can get another done by Saturday. But have one started.
Wonderful rescue. I just found a bubble gum pink top and backing. I wonder if it is possible to tie and bind it by midnight?

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Mets quilt - 50x70. Fleece backing.

Actually my SILs UFO/ never started. I started quilting in 2018 and was having so much fun that my SIL said "ok - I'll try it. I want to make a Mets quilt for my father in law" and we worked together on a design - figured out the fabric and bought it....

....And then she.moved to Florida before ever starting the.project. I took the fabric.

And then my particular version of COVID anxiety took over and I decided to just make the darned thing....and here we are.

FYI - Newby quilters and lurkers. This was a nice simple quilt to piece and finish. I hope you can see the quilting pattern. Super easy and fast. Yes you can do it!
Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Finished!
45x60 pattern from Fabric Cafe 3 yard quilts called "sew fast" . assistance from a YouTube by Sew Very Easy.
it came out very "spotted" which is why I chose straight line quilting to try and control it...still not sure I succeeded. Fabric is from Robert Kaufman and has all these milk bottle caps. So I'm calling it "The Spotted Cow" quilt.
note- pattern calls for 3 yards of backing but I did fine w 2 yards, leftover Fabric B and 2 strips.
Both of these are great! ✌🏼

way to go, everyone. As always, PM me with corrections.

Last edited by Krisb; 07-30-2020 at 10:42 PM.