View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 12:11 AM
Railroadersbrat

Welcome from Southern Missouri! You are absolutely going to love it here, I've been here for about a year and it's my ultimate go-to place when I need some information or advice.

As long as your machine is still purring along, it'll work fine. The extra bells and whistles are nice to have on a machine, but I prefer the 'oldies but goodies', I love my vintage Dressmaker, I have a newer mini-machine that has a few extra stitches but I always work from my vintage gal. We are thick as thieves.

A big suggestion is look up Missouri Star Quilt Company on YouTube and watch their videos. Jenny Doan is an absolute gem and breaks down some of the more complicated looking quilts into something anyone getting started can do. They've got a whole series just on getting started and then a huge playlist of quilt tutorials. Whenever I'm in a major quilting mode, I have their playlist running for background noise, it's like having your own personal quilting mentor in the room with you.

Again, welcome to the board and welcome to quilting, I think once you get settled in, you're going to have a blast!