View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 05:04 AM
juliasb

I remind myself that so much is edited out and is on the "cutting floor" when these tv shows are made. I have taught myself to look beyond the not seen tear outs and the cut off threads and not to mention it is not just one person doing the work that the host/hostess is showing. I can also say for the most part the machines being used are to promote the sale of these machines and not the property of the sewer. Even the back ground quilt props are not done by the person in the show but a collaboration of many people. Maybe early episodes of some of the more familiar tv shows or videos on You Tube were done by the individuals on the screen but again there is always the edited portions that we do not see.
Over all I do learn a great deal from these shows and videos. I have never taken a quilting class in my 30+ years of quilting and considerate myself a moderately skilled quilter. I have learned so much here it is unbelievable! I remind myself everyday there is no such thing as a perfect quilter. Oh yeah the ping pong table is most likely in the basement and not in her sewing room and no longer used for ping pong.