View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 11:47 AM
CaleyH

The newest block is called a "Star Burst". It's the most complex one I've attempted so far, and it wasn't even close. The general look gets the idea the quilt block author was try to show. Unfortunately I tried to do a four at a time flying geese thing, which required me figuring out how to put the small half square triangles together. I failed to realise that when I sliced these small blocks down the middle, I would lose the points on all four of them. And I also didn't manage to get the small blocks on the interior to line up.

All that said, I still like the results. As one of our members tole a newcomer, Quote: "remember that seams not lining up makes it an art quilt! Matching seams are one designer's idea of how it should look - we are in control of what it will finally look like!" Unquote ! This is definitely an art block.

I think I will go ahead and choose a star block, and do a colour variation, maybe half a dozen of them, and then put that all together.

All the various blocks I have created were to see just how far I could go with the current skills I have. I think this last block has pressed the limit on what I can do. Time to try something else.
Attached Thumbnails sbqb-small.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-31-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps