View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 09:39 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I am sure you will hear good and bad about sergers. I love mine and use it often. But, I make clothing and home decorating items like serged edge napkins, curtains, pillows and drapes. The quality of a machine makes a big difference in the end product. I started out with a babylock mid-range and quickly realized that I didn't like it at all. I spoke to the salesperson and she upgraded me to another better model and that made all the difference. Like anything, there is a learning curve. There are classes and whole books on the subject. Also, utube has tons of videos to help you to see what can be done with one.

By the way, when you want to change the thread color, you just clip the thread at the cone, square knot tie on the new color to the thread still in the machine, lift the foot and gently pull the thread through to the needle or looper. Put the new color thread spool on the pin. It is very quick and easy that way. You don't have to start from scratch every time you change colors or thread type.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-01-2020 at 09:52 AM.