View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 05:03 PM
CaleyH

Barb, Thanks, you're very kind. I guess there had to be a point where my ability to translate a block diagram was going to end up in defeat.

But it has pointed me toward my next quilt, and it will be one of the relatively simple star block quilts, a "Trailing Star". It will be a bunch of variations in the colour scheme.

I've decided it will go on my bed, which is a twin XL. That means the dimensions will be roughly 8 by 9 feet. This includes 3 inch sashing and border. With 12 inch blocks, I needed something between all of them. Though for the border I am debating on possibly using the rest of my trimmings to create a very long multi colour one. With all the problems with my making flying geese blocks, I've accumulated a lot of incorrect sized material I can use for this purpose.

This should take forty-two 12 inch blocks. And I will be using anything that can cut into 4 inch square blocks, which all the needed blocks are. All these will either be full blocks, or half square triangle blocks. So it will be pretty easy to put together.

As I do not see colour differences well, and have always had problems matching compatible colours, that is going to make this interesting with my using all the various this and that I have available.

Anyway, the adventure begins on quilt #2. Should be a lot of fun.