View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 05:48 AM
OurWorkbench

Default August 2020 Colorado Sewing Machine Get-Together - Part 1

Our group is again meeting from a distance, sharing activities and pictures via email. The descriptions and several pictures are presented here for others to see.

As an aside, we are sizing the pictures differently due to the fact that the site(s) reduce larger pictures. We wished that the sizes of some of the pictures last month were larger. We don't quite have a handle on the sizing rules yet, so we're experimenting. Any feedback is welcome.

Leon

Leon, located one state away in Kansas, has been out looking and found the following:

This 1899 oddball came my way a week ago. Obviously rebuilt and given a crinkle finish. Delco motor by GM was added with a 2 screw mount under the access plate. No boss for a conventional motor mount. Quick release tension lever was a big surprise too. It will turn, but I have not cleaned or oiled it yet. Came (with) the shuttle and one bobbin. Case is way too new and rectangular. Not pretty. Hope all are well.

leon-vsm-great-eastern-front-c.jpg

leon-vsm-great-eastern-reconditoned-badge-id-c.jpg

leon-vsm-great-eastern-quick-no-boss-two-screw-mount-c.jpg

leon-vsm-great-eastern-quick-release-tension-c.jpg

John & Janey

Some years ago, Janey and I were in a thrift store and discovered a pink Atlas. We brought it home. It had a variety of small issues, some of which we worked on, after which we wrote up and posted the results of the new find.

More recently Janey discovered a pink carrying case about the same color. We have put the pink Atlas in the case and the resulting color-matched machine and case are shown below.

j-j-p1010001.jpg

to be continued....