View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:25 PM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
WMUTeach....have you taken pictures of all of the quilts you have made with the 2.5" candies?

How big is a Project Linus quilt?

Barb

Barbara, I have taken a photo of almost all of my quilts. Just my way of documenting my work. I am guessing about 20 total from 2.5 squares, but I have not done an exact count.

I contacted the local Project Linus Coordinator in my area and asked about size. She said the quilts/blankets go to all ages from babies to 18 year-olds. My first donation was two quilts that were twin and two that were child sized. What really touched my heart is in just the area I am in in, southwest Michigan, there are requests for 800 quilts or blankets as of last week. When I contacted her about 6 weeks ago the request was 500. I also understand that there are other smaller organizations that make preemie quilts that are funneled through Project Linus. I contacted them a couple of months ago but because of COVID my local group has not met. This group also makes items for breast cancer patients, NICU (those little bitty knit caps) and other items for hospitalized folks. I had not idea there was such a need.

"Project Linus donates blankets to children, infants through teens. Many sizes are appropriate depending on chapter need. For example, blankets could be as small as 36" × 36." The majority of Project Linus blankets are about 40" × 60", or what is called "crib size." Blankets could be as large as twin size for teens." - From their website https://www.projectlinus.org/