Old 08-05-2020, 02:21 AM
copycat

Wink Baby quilt with ruffles and shannon cuddle luxe backing

This quilt had 2 learning curves for me...making a ruffle and using the thick shannon cuddle luxe minky as backing!

The name of the quilt pattern is Block Play from allpeoplequilt.com. The color of the fabics are soft and low volume. It is called Ballerina Fusion from Art Gallery Fabrics. The photo doesn't show the true colors.

I layered the quilt top and batting and free-motion quilted designs in each block center using cookie cutter shapes. The monogram frame has cherries and around the monogram is a simple heart design. I didn't want dense quilting to keep the quilt soft. I used a ruffler foot to make the ruffle. I basted the ruffle to the quilt top after it was quilted. Next I layed the minky backing right sides together with the quilt top/batting and sewed around and left and opening to turn. I turned right sides out and top stitched around the ruffle. I stitched in the ditch to quilt the layers together. This quilt was a process but worth it in the end. Below is the post I made on Quilt board to ask for advice. Thanks for all the help!

Please help me with adding a ruffle to a quilt backed with cuddle luxe minky

Attached Thumbnails img_1790.jpg   img_1799.jpg  

Last edited by copycat; 08-05-2020 at 02:22 AM. Reason: add words