Old 08-07-2020, 01:12 PM
frannella

Default Juki J-350QVP (Juki's sit down long arm for FMQing)

Hi Bonnie, LaRae, & others. I have been eyeing this model since it first came out (in 2018?) and finally bought one last week as a Covid shut-in antidote. I am a rank beginner when it comes to FMQing, but am enjoying working on my practice samplers so far. I have always quilted my own quilts but strictly as a walking foot SID and grid quilter, supplemented with the occasional ruler design. The transition is slow going, but I am committed to my 25-mpd-for-25-days regimen. I am finding that moving fabric around isn't easy, but have a pad and the blue disks ordered. I am hoping they will help me push the quilt around on the machine bed more smoothly. Other than that, I am quite happy with this well-made machine.

I wanted to check in with you to see if you are still loving your J-350 and to ask if you have found any helpful resources out there in cyber space. Other than a reference to a Juki users group on FB (I don't have an acct) and the Rob Appell, 'Making it Fun' videos on the frame version of the J-350, there doesn't seem to be a lot of videos or Juki forums to help guide our quilting on this machine.

Many thanks and happy quilting.