View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:56 PM
sewingpup

I used to be a book collector...now that I have donated most of my books and prefer to download them from the local library both for listening and reading, I found I had a bunch of unused book shelves...some with glass doors....so yeppers….I am using them for my quilting. Ok, some still have my books on them but they are quilting books. I have some old lead glass doors covering bookshelves on either side of the fireplace...and yep...two of those shelves hold all my long arm thread. I have a large deep shelved lawyers bookcase with glass doors that hold a lot of my stash neatly folded and stacked on the top three shelves. On the bottom shelve, I have a stack of backings and a couple of fabric bins for odds and ends. My dad had made a bookcase around the stairs for the attic and I am also using them for fabric storage too in shoe box sized plastic containers which hold various sized scrap fabrics I have cut like strips and squares, strings, and selvages. I also have a row of assorted book shelfs along one wall and have fabric stacked on them. I do cover these shelves with an old sheet to keep dust and sun off...thought about making curtains but as the attic is just used for storage including my rolls of batting, the sheets work just fine for now. Hoping to downsize my stash someday so it all can fit lawyers bookcase downstairs...will be a while...