Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 AM
kapatt

I have two JoAnns close to me... (laughing..close is within 40 miles). I find the women very helpful and interested in what I'm making. We talk about color and the size I need. I do get the coupons and figure the money I've saved from using the coupons makes it worth the trip.

I do have a few principles that I apply....no matter how much we chit-chat, I watch very carefully on what is being cut and if there are any problems in the material. If I see a problem, I will stop the clerk from cutting and I will inspect the material. I question the cutting clerk on rather this material is on sale or not.

When I go up to the check-out stand, I usually have a pleasant conversation with the checkout clerk (unless there is a line behind me then I try not to chit-chat) but even though everything is pleasant, I question what items my coupons are going towards and I check to see that I get the sale price on my items.

Now when I go to the nearest Hancock Fabrics, the atmosphere is very different. They act like I'm taking up their valuable time just to have them cut my material. (I don't chit-chat with them.)
They could care less whether I was there or not. So, I like to stay with my local JoAnns. I can't yet afford the local quilt stores, but I will someday.
:-)