View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 07:13 AM
Railroadersbrat

Talking When Do You Stop Happy Dancing?

So after months of saving every dime, nickel and quarter I could, I was able to finally order the fabric needed for my sister's Double Wedding Ring! The picture attached is the final design.

I thought I wasn't going to be able to get her Muslin for a while, MDGs seemed to be out of the bolts every time I checked the site, but as luck would have it, I was able to get one. They shipped it a couple of days ago, I'm hoping it's here by the end of the week. It should, I'm barely a hundred miles away from them.

The biggest find was the hand-dyed fabrics, I was looking at colors online one afternoon and messaging pictures to my sister when she stumbled on this blood orange color we both fell in love with. A few more clicks later and I found the website, fell in love with all of the color choices and after speaking with the colorist via messaging, she's going to custom dye the fabric for me so I get all the colorways she can offer for each color. I picked out a Sage green, a blue ombre that goes from almost midnight blue to the palest of blues and a 'spicy' blend with inspiration taken from Turmeric, Cinnamon and Paprika. Those will take another week and a half for her to get them done and shipped, I am over the top excited and can't wait to get them in my hands.

I am both excited and terrified. My sister has had a really bad time this year, she works in the medical field (medical records officer for a post-acute care center) and when Covid managed to worm its way into her place of work, she worked herself to the absolute bone. I talked to her every day after work, sent her as many "I love you", "Be strong, you've got this" and so many other messages to keep her going and her spirits high, even my fiance got in on that. When I realized I had just enough to start getting her fabric, I felt that this would be something she could honestly look forward her, she's dreamed of having a Double Wedding Ring quilt since she was 8-years old. When they thought they were going for Round 2 of the virus making its way into their center, I started to order. I want this to be as perfect as I can get it and now that I've been practicing my free-motion quilting on my machine, I can get all of it done without making her wait any longer than necessary.

So when is it appropriate to stop happy dancing? It's been six days since I ordered her fabric and I'm working my fingers to the bone to finish my hexagon quilt top and clear off my sewing schedule to get this started for her.
Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg