View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone
I must be the only person who does not like whole wheat bread. The taste is terrible to me. I like sourdough, French, or plain white bread. I grew up eating homemade bread, store bread was considered not fit to eat. My grandmother called it full of junk that would make you puny. I was married before I bought a loaf of bread at the store and I was afraid to eat it but my husband liked it. I made and still make most of our bread. Now many bakeries have the quality bread with no added junk to make you puny. LOL
I am with you. I also don't like whole wheat pasta. I like lots of sandwiches but I am particular about some things. I like creamy peanut butter (not the healthy kind) on soft fresh white bread like Wonder bread, and lately with my daughter in law's homemade raspberry jam. I like tuna but with just a hint of mayo, also on soft fresh white bread. I like a grilled veggie panini if there is no aioli or mayo or anything slippery on it. I like a grilled cheese sandwich with nothing on it but the butter to grill it. I don't like ciabatta rolls - too hard. I don't like any meats I have to wrestle with to take a bite. I only like dijon mustard sparingly. Never put mayo on a sandwich. I have told my family never to get me a bread maker because soon enough I would be on my 600 pound life and someone would be taking a wall out of the house.