View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 12:24 PM
SewingSenior

Default My LBB Block 40

Well here I am at the end of the blocks, I can't wait to get started on putting them all together. The pattern for block 40 in the book was not a favorite of mine, you can see in the picture this little bird is pretty weird looking. I searched and found a peacock that I liked much better and decided to add a peacock instead.

I found a wonderful peacock block pattern designed for an embroidery machine and I loved it. I contacted the designer to ask permission to use just the peacock from their block and offered to pay for the privilege. I was so confident they wouldn't have a problem with that so I started the block and was making great progress when I heard back from the design company with a big fat No. They were nice about it but no wasn't what I had wanted to hear. Having learned my lesson, I scrapped that block and started over.

I decided I wouldn't take a chance on being turned down again and looked at every picture of a peacock I could find and just drew my own. It is be no means as impressive as the one the artist drew but for someone that can hardly draw a straight line with a ruler I am pretty proud of my little peacock.

Tomorrow I will start cutting the blocks down to size and then I will put all of the blocks together before I start on the border. I am still uncertain about being able to quilt a quilt this big with an appliqued border but I don't have to make that decision for a few more days.
Attached Thumbnails my-lbb-block-40.jpg   lbb-book-block-40.jpg