View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 03:56 PM
PiedPiper

Default Quilt for my mother-in-law

I won the grand prize when it comes to mothers-in-law. She's amazing, and I love her to pieces. When we were visiting her earlier this year, she took me to one of the LQS in her area, and we had a lovely time oohing and aahing over the fabric. She bought me some bits and pieces, and I thought I'd make her a quilt out of what she bought for me. This is what I came up with, using a charm pack of Brenda Riddle's "Amberley" collection (which we both thought was delightful) for the hearts; and some fabric we found among the remnants for the sashing. I supplemented with matching fabrics for the cornerstones, border and binding, and found some gorgeous flannel to use as backing, which is a perfect match (but I can't get that photo to upload, so you'll have to take my word for it! )

Even though it's only a lap quilt, having to quilt it with a walking foot on my little DSM was a bit daunting, but I was able to manage it. (I haven't mastered FMQ yet.) I used serpentine stitching for all the quilting, and I really love how it adds to the antique, wrinkly look of the quilt.

She's coming to visit us in a few days, and I plan to give it to her then. I hope she likes it!
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg