View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 06:15 AM
Iceblossom

Ok, I slipped up. Or more correctly, I deliberately bought fabric yesterday. It was the first time since February and I'm ashamed to say -- it felt good!

The thrift stores were closed until a month ago. Hubby and I have been doing our Sunday Date Day minus bowling -- bowling is lumped in with things like attending football and will be a phase 4 opening (we are currently considered to be phase 2). We go to a small family restaurant for breakfast. Lorenzo/dad/usual cook is making more money for the family as a driver delivering other people's food so the kids are keeping it going weekend mornings. And then we go to a couple of thrift stores on the way home.

I got a panel I bought full price last year for $12.98, Goodwill price $1.99. Found another piece of nice Concord VIP, small bunches of flowers on a red background, it was about 4 yards and the tag had been torn off. I offered to pay $4.99 but she said, I'm going to ring the other tag twice. So it was meant to be.

But now I need to go and find a good back for this comfort quilt we are making. We were hoping to need 4 yards but we redid the math for blocks/sashing and it is pretty much exactly 72x84 as it is, so looking for some 5 yard pieces.