View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 06:54 AM
tropit

Watson, that design helper is so cool!

QuiltBaer, that tutorial give a lot of great info...thanks. It almost makes me cry to see her cut up that Wizard of Oz print, because I love it.

So, I went on Ebay last night a bought some fabric panels (6 of each) and a few other fabrics that might work. I probably spent more money than I should have, but I like making scrappy quilts too, so I should be able to get a few quilts out of my purchases. I also bought a couple of the books. They were kind of expensive for my frugal lifestyle, but I'll have them for a long time and I can always pass them on to others later. I can rationalize just about anything if I put my mind to it.

I'm inspired by the turning leaves that I noticed yesterday on my drive to town. It's been a dry year around here and some of the oaks are already turning. I want to make a millefiori quilt that resembles the various colors of the leaves. They are so beautiful and delicate. I'm going to have to get out there soon and take some pix for reference.

Alas, I don't have room for a design wall. I'll just have to use the bed to do my layouts, provided that the cat doesn't mind. I'm going to start working on it just as soon as my fabric arrives. I'll post pix on the next Quilt Along.

~ C