View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 05:42 AM
Iceblossom

We had zero disposable masks available here by the end of February or so even though Lockdown didn't start until March and the requests/requirements to wear them hadn't started yet.

Two weeks ago for the first time since March, I now see disposable masks available again. It's true I only go out weekly but the were not there three weeks ago. They still have limits on how many you can buy but those limits are pretty generous. For the first time since March, when I go grocery shopping I have pretty good expectations of getting everything i want, without limits. Prices are higher but there is sanitizer and wipes and meat and dairy and bread and toilet paper...

My MiL tells me they have trash problems where she is because people litter and discard their masks -- that hasn't happened here because we didn't have them and they are now required as of the end of June (it's a law, you can be fined for no mask). Not only for while inside but in outside in some circumstances too, like at bus shelters and certainly while on the bus.

I'm not really happy with wearing or making masks but I am willing to do my part. During the early months when masks were advised but not yet required I made maybe a 100? gave them to hubby's work, and I would typically take a few with me when I went out and especially I gave them out to homeless people. It's kind of sad when wearing a mask makes you slightly more welcome...

Last edited by Iceblossom; 08-19-2020 at 05:47 AM.