View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 06:29 AM
Iceblossom

Default New Blade/New Mat

Aahhhh! Why do I wait so long??

For the last year I've been cutting on a mat I already had removed from my quilting stuff. I had put it down on the dining room table for a painting project and then just turned it over and left it there and been using it ever since. I've been meaning to replace it but until I cut all the way through it, I kept putting it off. Sad thing is I have a suitable for cutting mat, it had just been put away and needed to be fetched (total of about 5 minutes).

Changed my rotary blade too. I'm really trying to replace those darn things sooner but I realized I was pressing down so hard my shoulder was hurting after a session of cutting. No wonder I went through the mat, I probably could have made dents in steel.

Now it's so smooth and easy and nice. I learned long ago that needles were cheap, and actually so are rotary blades. I had new ones in my kit and a way to dispose of the old ones. I also threw away an old seam ripper, don't know what happened but there was some corrosion on the point and while it still cut pretty good I didn't like the way it felt.