View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
wvdek

This credit goes to Annmarie that she posted on 01/30/08. The table is from Moira McSpadden. Thank you whoever you are.

I found it today going through the Tutorial section on here. I thought it was important enough to re-post for many who have not seen it.

http://www.thequiltedsnail.com/scale.html

There have been many questions regarding printing templates from other sites and I believe this link will help you tremendously. You have to know your printer and how to reduce/enlarge on it. Remember to print out one copy, measure the template with the same ruler you use in your quilting, and make a mock up if you aren't sure. You may have to tweak your particular printer a degree or two either way to match this sheet. All printers are not alike.

Remember to read the instructions/directions for your original template and see if they have already added in the 1/4" seam allowance. I have found most sites do, but occasionally you run across one that does not.

Someone mentioned that Quilters Cache does not add seam allowance. I found that she alway's adds a seam allowance (at least for the gazillion patterns I have copied from her site she does) and if you have a problem with anything on her site, drop her a line.

When I printed out a copy of this table, I put it on Landscape and reduced the size to 70% so that I could get the bottom info on the sheet and most importantly Moira McSpadden's name so she could have the credit.

Hope this helps someone.