View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 05:11 AM
juliasb

Welcome to the QB Marianne! We have all been where you are and hold onto that first quilt only because it will hold special memories in the not so distant future and you see how you progress. When I first started quilting I bought every fabric I could that was on sale without a clue as to what I would do with them. Now I have a stash that will out live me! I believe I should have been more selective. Maybe a little at least. I also bought a little more than I really needed for stash building and they frequently came in handy as I developed my taste in what I wanted to quilt. And quilt I did! I thought that Quilt in a Day meant just that a Quilt in a Day so I would work day and night to finish a quilt in a single day. Once I slowed down some I did so much better. It takes a while to develop your own taste in what you want to quilt. This belongs totally to you. I would think to start simple and go from there.
This is a place to learn a lot and show off what you have accomplished. We are a very friendly group. Again welcome to the QB. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you here.