View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 12:50 PM
tropit

Thanks QuiltE!

So, I got my Millefiori quilt book yesterday, (Millefiori Quilts 4 by Willyne Hammerstein,) and oh...my...Gawd! These quilts are all fabulous! They are also all hand-pieced and hand-quilted...sigh. I don't know if I'm ever going to to a hand-pieced quilt, not to mention a hand-quilted quilt, but the book is still a wonderful inspiration. Her color choices are so lovely. I have a deep fondness for quilts that use tan, or khaki as one of the main colors and she has both in her book. I did notice that many of her patterns could be adapted to machine piecing and quilting. Not the same as that soft, hand-worked look, but still, a machine-made quilt could be very nice.

I started cutting fabrics for my One Block Wonder quilt and I'm having fun with that. The fabrics I'm cutting now are what I would call my, "blender blocks." They aren't as dramatic as some that I've seen, but I'll need them for my design. I'm still waiting for my fabric panels to come in. They will make blocks that have a lot more movement and color to them. I'll be sure to share pix on the next Virtual Quilting Weekend, coming up soon.

~ C