View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 08:02 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
I threw some thin fabrics away too. Some were from my DMILs stash that was given to me for charity quilts . That was almost 10 years ago. Some corduroys and heavier denim were either thrown into the fabric recycling bag or put in the donation pile.

Yes, oksewglad, it will be nice to find what I need.

I was afraid to look too hard in case I found another bin or small box of fabric. Lol! That happened twice just today.

I have about 90% put in shoebox sized bins to sort some other time by size or width. I think I have emptied all the bigger bins of all the ‘random tossed in the box’ scraps. If I help a niece by hanging out with her 6th and 8th grader on distance learning days (to keep them focused), I can easily grab a few of the shoebox tubs and sort further. They are used to me bringing things to work on when I hang out with them.

Here are the bins I have emptied over the last 8 days or so.
Perfect time to do your sorting with your gr nieces...mindless work that you can drop when they need your help. And yes empty containers! I can't believe how many I have emptied over the last year just by sorting and organizing. They then become handy sorting containers to be used over and over!